Sunday, June 26, 2016

Guacamole and Salsa (Both Arbonne 30 Day Clean Eating Friendly)

I have been working on my guacamole game for a long time.  When I started cooking I used the packet that you can buy at the market that "seasons" the avocado's.  Then I read the ingredients in the packet and eew, there were so many items in the packet that I couldn't pronounce, I didn't want to give that to my family.  So, for years now, I have been working on the perfect batch of "Guac" and I think I have finally done it!  Very simple, very fresh, totally delicious!  Here's how you can do it!



Guacamole

1 cup finely chopped Cilantro
1 Fresno Pepper (remove all the seeds) minced 
1 Jalapeno Pepper (remove all the seeds) minced (or 2 Jalapeno Peppers minced if you can't find a Fresno Pepper)
3 garlic cloves finely minced (really small, you don't want a mouth full of garlic, you just want a hint)
1/2 Purple (or Red) Onion finely minced
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Juice of 2 Limes
4 Avocado's

Throw everything into a bowl and smash with either a spoon or a potato smasher. (I prefer the smasher)  Get out all of your aggression!  Stir well, making sure you get everything from the bottom of the bowl.  I suggest that you taste the Guac with the chips that you will be serving along side, that way, you will get the salt from the chips and you won't make the salsa too salty.  Enjoy!


Now the Salsa.  I mean, what goes with chips and guac better than some great salsa?  I have a feeling that you will enjoy how easy this recipe is.  Here's how to do it!  

Salsa

Throw all these ingredients in a blender or a food processor.

1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
1 cup fresh Cilantro (leaves only)
1/2 Purple (or Red) Onion
The juice of 2 Limes
1 Jalapeno Pepper ( that has been seeded)
2 stalks of Celery
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper

Whir all of this up until it is to the chunkiness that you prefer.  

If you are on the Arbonne 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge and the tortilla chips aren't part of the program, this will taste great with chips made from Brown Rice Tortillas, or Celery, Cucumbers, or carrots! 

Making chips out of Brown Rice Tortillas is super easy!

1.  Stack all of the Tortillas neatly on a cutting board
2.  Cut them in half using a large knife or a pizza cutter.
3.  Stack the halves on top of each other and cut the tortillas into 1-1 1/2 inch strips.
4.  Place the strips into a dry pan (no oil).  Have the burner on at Medium Heat.
5.  THIS IS NOT A GOOD TIME TO DO ANYTHING ELSE, these chips will burn if you aren't watching them.
6.  Flipping repeatedly, cook the chips until they are crispy and light brown.

These chips don't last long at all. So cook only what you will eat at that moment, this will also help with mindless snacking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment