Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Franklin Barbecue- A Meat Smoking Manifesto


I picked this book because I liked the cover, and it has 4 1/2 stars, honestly.  I haven't been able to put it down!  Aaron Franklin had a dream.  It wasn't a dream "what I wanna be when I grow up" kind of dream.  It was a dream that just happened one day.  It was a dream about Bar B Que.  He started out with no money and feeding his friends from his front yard.  As time went on his group kept getting bigger and bigger and so did his smokers.  Then one friend started collecting money for his buddy to start a restaurant.  You have to read the book to find out what happens, but this book is so much more than a story about how a guy opened a BBQ joint or BBQ recipes.  

This book tells you the difference between smokers, how a smoker works, why people started using smokers, what kind of wood to use for different flavors on different kinds of meat and so on!  A great book if you are thinking about joining the BBQ world, this book must be close by at all times.  

You can purchase this book off the bottom of my blog, my Add Libra Bookstore.  I will be adding more books as I read them.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment