Thursday, March 31, 2016

Public School 818- Review

I was looking for a new place to eat today, and the place that I wanted to go wasn't open for lunch during the week.  So, I fount Public School 818.  PS818 is in a building that my husband worked in when we started dating, so I know this building well.  The menu is super simple, and you can see that they put their focus on the beer selection and the quality of the food.  There is plenty of seating, but it seemed to fill quickly (for lunch, that's a good sign!)

I sat at the bar and the bartender Karalynn was a sweetheart!  She was always whizzing by asking if I needed anything, making polite conversation, and serving the other people who were sitting at the bar.  She made her job look effortless.  I ordered and amber beer and the BBQ Bison Burger (without the mushrooms, sadly I have an allergy).

It took a little bit of time, (remember, the place was filling up and I was a party of one) but when my order came, the plate looked like an old chalk board from when I was a kid, and the fries in a brown bag was a great touch!  The Ketchup, OH the Ketchup!  It was zingy and zesty and fabulous!  It was a Sriracha Ketchup and Wow!  I will be making that in my near future.   I was nervous, although I have had luck lately, Bison can be tough.  With its low fat content, and not so rich meat, it can be flavorless if it isn't seasoned properly.  So not the case this time!  This burger had great sweetness from the bun and BBQ Sauce and the flavor was complete when dipped in the Ketchup.  Personally, I think this burger could've used a pickle or a slice of purple onion, but trust me, I didn't hate it, I ate the whole damn thing.


I will be certainly coming back to Public School 818.  I will be bringing my burger-loving Kids here too.  Definitely.

I hope you go too!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment