Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Little Yummy for the Ones I Love

I don't normally bake.  I'm not one to follow precise recipes or else you will screw up the entire recipe!!!  Too much stress!  I like no fuss baking.  Baking using pre-made items: pie crusts, puff pastries, ice cream - easy.  So, my husband loves Elephant Ears.  Those yummy heart-shaped caramelized, light yummies that you can dip in your coffee.  I thought it would be nice to show my love by making them for my men.  This is my kind of love note.

1.  Take store bought puff pastry and let it thaw on the counter for an hour. (When you buy it, keep it in the freezer until you need it.) Preheat your oven to the temp it tells you on the box.
2.  Flour the counter and roll the pastry until it is about 1/4" thick.
3. Brush with some melted butter
4.  Sprinkle with cinnamon, clove and sugar.
5.  Now this is the tricky part.  you need to roll both ends of the dough in towards the center.
6.  Cut the log into 1/2" thick slices making sure you are careful to keep the dough rolled.
7.  Place the slices onto their sides onto a baking sheet that has either parchment paper or a baking liner on it
8.  Once all the little heart shapes are on your baking sheet, brush again with butter and sprinkle with more sugar.
9.  Bake to the directions on the Puff Pastry box
10. Enjoy!

I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating your loved ones whether it is on February 14th or on any other day.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment