Friday, February 26, 2016

Eating at The Fat Dog

Today I was looking for a new place to have lunch.  I'm feeling the pressure to share with you all great places to eat without repeating (unless I try something new).
So, today I went to The Fat Dog.  There is one in North Hollywood (11050 W. Magnolia Blvd) and there is one in Fairfax District (801 N. Fairfax Ave.).  I went to the one in North Hollywood (I was super hungry and I didn't want to drive too far).  

 I walk in and it is super clean.  Great lines.  Simple decor. Great music playing (oldies, stuff you can hum along with) and I am in love with the dog wallpaper!  I sat at the bar (no hook for your purse, but no biggie).  Great wrap around bar.  Beautiful selections of beer and booze.  This place must be hoppin' in the evenings.  I asked the par tender what he recommends and he said either the chicken sandwich or the braised short rib dip, having braised short ribs this weekend so chicken sandwich it is!  Then I saw Deviled Eggs... I was in trouble!  

The eggs came out first.  They had warmth from horseradish and a piece of bacon hanging out!  Dude!  They were fabulous!  I could've eaten a dozen of them (you see what I did there?).  They were two biters, a great way to start your meal, certainly something that could be shared, then my sandwich came.  It was hot, the chicken was super moist, the avocado added a perfect creaminess to the sandwich.  Now,  I am NOT a Swiss Cheese fan.  AT ALL!  But it was so stringy and it added a tang that you can't get from anything else.  I will be back for sure!  

One thing that I didn't get to check out too much was the patio.  I did see that there was a separate bar outside.  That must make things easier if the place is packed.  Also, there wasn't trees and stuff out there.  Super simple, very nice.  The people who worked there were super nice.  The food came out pretty quickly.  It was a lovely experience.  I hope you get to go.  Let me know if you do!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment