Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Cucumber Salad

Cucumber Salad.  So Simple and so good!  This is a great salad to take to a Bar B Que!  I love to put this salad on top of burgers or my Smoked Pulled Pork.  There is a whole lot of tang, a hint of spice, a touch of sweet and a great deal of crunch!  This salad is my Dad and my Husbands favorite!

2 Hothouse Cucumbers quartered then sliced into 1/4" slices
1/2 Purple Onion sliced thin
2 tsp dry Dill or 1 tbsp fresh Dill that has been minced
1/4 c Apple Cider Vinegar, Sherry Vinegar OR Rice Wine Vinegar (they all have completely different flavors, and all are fantastic!)
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional, but so necessary)

Another one of my salads that the longer it sits the better it gets!  A great salad to take to a party, but make it the day before so you aren't rushing to make it before you leave.   If you make this salad, please let me know in the comments what you think!  Did you add something that made it better?  I would love to hear it!  Cheers

(P.S. If you are on the Arbonne's 30 Day Clean Eating program, this recipe when made with Apple Cider Vinegar is 30 Day friendly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment