Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Watermelon Salad

To me, there is nothing that screams SUMMER! than a juicy, sweet watermelon, but what if there was a way to make watermelon more amazing?  I think I have found it!  When I go to one of my favorite restaurants in Studio City called Barrel and Ashes, I always get their Watermelon Salad.  It is so refreshing and fantastic!  I decided to make up my own recipe to share:

WATERMELON SALAD

1 small seedless watermelon cut into 1/2" cubes
1 jalapeno pepper finely minced
1/4 of a purple onion minced
2 tbsp cilantro leaves only
1 lime zested and juiced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
(I think 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar would be fantastic in this also, but I didn't do it this time)

The longer this salad sits, the better it gets.  This is a fantastic salad for a Bar B Que or to take to a Pot Luck.  Please let me know if you made this salad!  I would love to hear what you think!  Cheers!

P.S. If you are doing the Arbonne 30 Day Clean Eating Program this salad is 30 Day friendly WITHOUT the Balsamic Vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment