Sunday, March 20, 2016

A great Burger in an Unexpected Place.

In Los Angeles there are plenty of "Organic" "Farm to Table" restaurants with vegan or gluten free options.  We have found a little place in Toluca Lake that combines Organic food and drinks with a great taste for flavor Called Aeirloom Bakery.  

Normally, when we go there, the boys and I get their pancakes or waffles or eggs.  They have a beautiful brunch menu and all of their morning cocktails (ie. mimosa or Bloody Mary) are made with Organic Spirits and Prosecco.  Their Organic coffees and teas are top notch.  You can't go wrong with the flavors at this place.

But today I tried something new.  Holy Crap!   It was amazing!  I ordered the Juicy Bounty ($14).  If you have ever cooked with Bison, there isn't much flavor because Bison is an EXTREMELY lean meat, no fat (there's flavor in the fat).  I have had some ok Bison Burgers, SOOO not the case this time! 


This burger normally comes on a Brioche bun, but I was very happy with the Ciabatta bun that they had instead.  The bun was light and airy and it let the flavors shine through.  The cheddar cheese wasn't overly tangy, it was stringy and fabulous!  The bacon here isn't too smoky, or overly processed.  It is real bacon.  Plenty of meat, and just enough fat to make up for what the Bison is lacking.  The tomato tastes like an actual tomato.  You know what I mean, we all have had a tomato that tastes like nothing... it is a waste of a tomato.  These tomatoes and greens bring a freshness and a crunch that just makes this burger happy.  The caramelized onions were sweet and divine.  Trust me, if you are craving a good quality burger Aeirloom (Click here to see the menu) is your new place to try!  If your waitress is named Natalie, tell her I sent you!  She is an absolute sweetheart and she won't guide you in the wrong direction.  I hope you go.  Let me know what you eat!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment